- Longson, Sally (2008). Straight from the horse’s mouth: Discover why companies worldwide are turning to horses to transform theperformance of employees in the workplace…,The SCAS-journal, summer 2008 (pdf)
- Mistral, K. (2007). Heart to heart: A quantitative approach to measuring the emotional bond between horses and humans. Horse Connection Magazine, 44-47.(pdf)
- Rickards, T. (2000). Trust-based leadership: Creative lessons from intelligent horsemanship. Creativity and Innovation Management, 9(4), 259-266.
- Rosile, G. A. (2002). Managing with horse sense. Journal of Management Inquiry, 11(3), 296.
- Buckley, M. (2002). What medical students learn from horses: Improving doctor-patient communication. Alternative & Complementary Therapies, 8(2), 102-109.
- Hauser, L. (2000). Leading with horse sense. Training & Development, 54(11), 62.
- Mistral, K. (2007). Horses training doctors: Future physicians explore non-verbal language. Horse Connection Magazine, 56-61.
- Gehrke, E. K. (2009). Developing coherent leadership in partnership with horses—a new approach to leadership training, Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching (Vol. 2, pp. 222- 234). San Diego, USA: National University.